Instrumentation Quality Control Inspector
Execute the inspection and Quality Control activities on site, collecting the relevant objective evidences, ensuring supervision and coordination of quality control activities on Instrumentation, Automation and Telecommunications equipment/systems construction and installation activities
- Execute the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site
- Issue the relevant Quality Records and provide support for non-conformance reports
- Check cable laying and cable identification
- Perform all relevant loop checks
- Update as built drawings
- Perform visual inspections, dimensional test, check rating and material for connection
- Perform tests of continuity, insulation resistance
- Calibrate safety valves
- Calibrate instruments
- Check installation of instruments
- Perform instruments functional test
- Check pneumatic signal connection
- Check fibre optic cable
- Perform test communication functionalities
- Verify special processes and the relevant workers qualifications
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan. Witness the tests, controls and inspections carried out according to Inspection and Test Plan
- Check inspection conformity with the Quality Control Plan/Inspection and Test Plan, issue the relevant documentation, check procedures and equipment to be used in tests, controls and inspections, manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections
- Review quality records summaries and their traceability by system, part or area of plant as required for mechanical completion and for documentation to be handed over to client
- 5+ years or greater experience in a similar role.
- University degree / technical college diploma or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Experience working in Alberta and a CWB level 3 (or 2);
- Familiar with applicable codes, standards, and specifications like ASME, CSA, ABSA, CWB and API.
- Extensive knowledge of provincial (ABSA) requirements.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001/2008
- Thorough experience with project safety and quality standards.
- Proven interpersonal skills including but not limited to the areas of; problem-solving, flexibility, long-term vision, initiative, decision making, communication, negotiating, teamwork and leadership.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
We offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package. For a career that goes beyond the expected, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the job title in the subject line to RecruitmentCanada@Saipem.com.
Attn: Human Resources
Suite 2700, 530 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3S8
For more information, please visit www.snamprogetti.ca
Please apply in the manner specified or your application may not be considered.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.