- The Senior Engineer for Design Safety and Technical Risk (DS&TR) is the primary technical advisor of safe design for Saipem projects.
- He/she will be part of the Loss Prevention (LOSPR) team in Saipem projects, and will apply his/her technical skills by approaching and resolving safety problems through appropriate attention to detail, adequate knowledge of basic principles and design techniques and proper identification/definition of process safety hazards.
- The DST&R Senior Engineer has adequate experience to recognize hazardous situation and recommend elimination by proper design techniques. If elimination is not possible, he/she recommends how the hazard can be controlled or isolated. This is based on understanding that if there is any condition that has not been recognized as hazardous, it becomes the incident that causes personal injury, property damage, environmental impact, or a combination of these.
- The DS&TR Senior Engineer has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the initiating causes of potential incidents involving fires, explosions and accidents, such as:
- Spills or leaks of flammable liquids;
- Uncontrolled reactions;
- Process upsets;
- Operating errors;
- Mechanical equipment failures;
- Improper equipment venting or pressure/vacuum relief;
- Poor housekeeping,
- Is familiar with the main techniques and tools and to determine the likelihood and magnitude of the consequences scenarios, and has the technical background for the identification and the engineering of the relevant prevention and mitigation measures.
- The DS&TR Senior Engineer supports the Technical (Engineering) Manager on a project in a timely manner and ensures technical integrity and completeness of all process deliverables prepared by the Saipem Loss Prevention Project Team. He also ensures the planning of the loss prevention engineering deliverables for a project, and the execution of the activities in compliance with the project schedule and Management indications.
- He/she exhibits well developed interpersonal skills to communicate with the Customer, Process and Engineering staff, other disciplines and Management to ensure successful execution of the project.
- The DS&TR Senior Engineer reports directly to the DS&TR Chief Engineer (LOSPR Department Manager).
- Degree in engineering with Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status, or eligible for P.Eng. status.
- Over 10 years of active practice in the field of DS&TR Engineering with a reputable EPC Company.
- Knowledge and application of:
- Sound engineering techniques,
- Recognized engineering standards,
- Interdivisional standard practices,
- Recommended practices,
- Local regulations, codes and practices,
- Reference documents for established safe practices and codes and
- Involving resource personnel.
- Capability to identify, define and eliminate hazardous situations; familiarity with the Process Hazard Identification techniques.
- Documenting the resolution of all identified safety problems.
- Technical background in the following design fields:
- Safety and Health Review of Process design
- Electrical Area Classification determination
- Fire Protection Systems design, both active and passive
- Fire and Gas Detection System design
- Reliability, Availability and Maintenance studies
- Risk Assessment (both qualitative and quantitative, including consequences modeling and frequencies determination techniques)
- Consulting Regulatory and Safety Agencies for unique or unusual safety problems.
- Active participation in the review of project design data and technical documents.
- Proficiency in:
- The latest version of available DS&TR software
- Common Process design errors
- Process Safety Considerations, including safeguards
- Chemical Safety and Health Considerations, including safeguards
- Health Considerations, incl. ionization and radiation sources
- Technical Risk Assessments
- Fire Protection Considerations
- Discipline Design Considerations (Piping, Materials, Mechanical, Automation, etc.).
We offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package.
For a career that goes beyond the expected, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Human Resources
Suite 2700, 530 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3S8
For more information, please visit www.snamprogetti.ca.
Please apply in the manner specified or your application may not be considered.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.